Monday, July 27, 2009

Sri Ganeshayanamah !













Hi All,
Im starting this blog to share some of the beautiful paintings published in marathi magazines 4-5 decades ago. Magazines like Ratnadeep, Yogini etc or ' Diwali Anka' ( as would be called in marathi) would have those as inserts, pages or sometimes as Ads.. Im fortunate to have a bunch full of those magazine prints carefully collected by my grandfather & also preserved by my dad. I scanned all those paintings as I feared losing them ,most of them in print form have become very very brittle. I felt It was worth sharing as not many would actually be knowing about these artworks.Most of the paintings are by eminent artists Shri.Mulgaonkar & some by Shri.Dalal.
The most notable thing about these paintings is the beautiful & adorable depiction of Indian GODS & Indian Mythological stories.

Hope you enjoy & feel free to add up & let me know!

P.S :I really wanted to have this blog in marathi but Im not very sure of typing things in marathi over the blogger..

5 comments:

  1. Awesome buddy...I think you are doing a big favour on us (non-marathi manoos) by keeping it in English, at least we can read and know more about the artists and art from old Marathi magazines...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. My mother had several such wonderful images but I think we no longer have them. An article about Mr Mulgaonkar:-

    http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/bombay-times/Prime-Space/articleshow/978095783.cms

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Mr. Mulgaonkar is actually my mother's uncle and we have lots of his artowrk at my grandpa's house in Mumbai. There are not very many places where one can see Mulgaonkar's work, so I appreciate this a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I am Ashwin Nagarkar. I like very much his paintings. Sometimes I do paintings and keep all mulgoankar's paintings in front of close eyes, My dady was artist, and I am also artist from j.j. institute of applied art. I have very few collection of Mulgoankar's paintings(Magazines prints). You should exhibit them once in Mumbai.
    cell: 9561045885

    ReplyDelete